cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I actually paying?

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

Not sure if this is the correct board to use but I don't seem to be able to find any specific to VMO2. Moderators, please feel free to move as required but leave a simlink so I know where to go for replies. Anyway, here goes...

I have just signed up to the Ultimate Volt bundle via Customer Retentions and I'm trying to understand what I will actually be paying as I'm totally confused!

It seems that when you sign up through the VM side of things they quote you a price which really seems to be too good to be true and that is this bundle is on a Black Friday deal for £74 per month which includes the O2 SIM.

However, after reading through many articles on both the VM and O2 sites, this is where it gets a tad confusing; the SIM is absolutely included in the package, but the mobile line rental is not; this is an additional £25 per month on top of the £74 quoted, the quoted figure only covers the VM services.

It would be nice if the representatives from VM could be a little more transparent (and honest) about this so that when asked "does that include the SIM" they respond with "yes it does but the line rental is an additional £25 per month".

If I'm wrong here could someone please correct me although I believe this whole package costs £99 per month (still a great value for what you get) and not the £74 I was quoted and agreed to over the phone.

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

With the Volt bundles the mobile sim is a separate contract so you are billed separately by O2 which in your case is £25 per month for the unlimited sim.

Therefore the total cost of the Ultimate Volt package is £99 per month.

The cost of the sim might be increased in April.

Full details are at the bottom of  <<< this page >>>   under General

SIM: Separate contracts and terms and conditions apply to your broadband and mobile services

The following info is from https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2 

*O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. See O2 prices 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

With the Volt bundles the mobile sim is a separate contract so you are billed separately by O2 which in your case is £25 per month for the unlimited sim.

Therefore the total cost of the Ultimate Volt package is £99 per month.

The cost of the sim might be increased in April.

Full details are at the bottom of  <<< this page >>>   under General

SIM: Separate contracts and terms and conditions apply to your broadband and mobile services

The following info is from https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2 

*O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. See O2 prices 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali