Menu
benjamin521
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What a joke - tempted to cancel - V6 Shortage

Booked in November the top package - took details over the phone - had no confirmation what so ever nothing at all. But ow well - Installation was booked for the 19th - really nice guy friendly- great lad- However he told me that I would not get my 2 V6 boxes as they were out of stock. He told me customer services should of called or emailed - but nothing . But ow well surely it wont take to long to get a box . So I called customer services to see what the process was - The lady on the phone was very sharp in saying that I should of had a box as I ordered November - I wanted it all before Christmas they promised this would not be a problem. I had to get the engineer to speak to her on the phone as she was making out that I was lying - I was disgusted, but I let it go these things can be misunderstood.  I was then told it could be February before I get my tv back - so for xmas no tv or films with the family - i know its something simple but with the pandemic this is all we have - VIRGIN WRECKED MY CHRISTMAS DO NOT USE DO NOT BOOK DO NOT ORDER - THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU THEY LIE LIE LIE   

Today I still have no TV box - no account number as I only have 7 digits instead of 9 - no email from virgin at all confirming any details of my order price or direct debit date. I called today to check what was going off and they still have no idea. - if this is not resolved by this Thursday I am cancelling   - just the worst experience I have ever had - I just want to know what is going on, 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: What a joke - tempted to cancel - V6 Shortage

VM communication on these issues is always poor for a number of reasons that are well discussed in these fora.

Bottom line is I think it will only be resolved by Thursday if the lorry with the container containing the stock has made it across the channel and out of Kent and onwards from there to a distribution point near you.  Or of course, there may be other reasons for the delay... however they are never going to openly acknowledge what they are and say how long they might take to resolve,  as it hands on a plate, a huge commercial and marketing advantage to the "competition" (unless they are having similar equipment supply issues as well!).

You don't need to cancel - as nothing has actually started yet - only when your service is activated does it start. So just let it run and in the meantime get yourself a Sky package if you can get one quickly - or some  OpenReach connection (BT?) - or a 4G/5G BB Mifi deal (probably no TV deal with those though I guess).

Then, when the VM install is eventually completed you can decide in the 14-day cooling off period from that point whether to cancel it - without charge - or keep it and end the other contract (or keep both). If you cancel VM - you can at least rejoin in the future and know that you have a working VM connection that can be activated quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you'd seen the pictures of trucks stuck at Calais and Dover you'll know why there is a shortage of V6 boxes and many other imports.

VM's customer service is appalling and getting worse day by day, but they can't magic boxes out of nowhere. 

If your broadband is working and you have a smart TV you can get a good selection of TV channels on iPlayer etc.

0 Kudos
benjamin521
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know the V6 box come from Chine so they come by ship not the port of Dover so its not effect - plus this is open now that's not the reason, dont shift the blame  - Do you work for virgin by any chance? would not surprise me 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@benjamin521 wrote:

Just to let you know the V6 box come from Chine so they come by ship not the port of Dover so its not effect - plus this is open now that's not the reason, dont shift the blame  - Do you work for virgin by any chance? would not surprise me 

so which port do they sail direct in to in the UK then?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
benjamin521
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Port of Felixstowe. This port is located in Suffolk and it's also the busiest port dealing with 48% of the country's container trade.  Dover deals with mainly from Europe : So it would not come through there - just check your facts first please 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Felixstowe has also been blocked up for weeks. Don't you read the news?

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-11-15/businesses-warn-customers-of-delays-due-to-congestion-at-...

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@benjamin521 wrote:

china have had a few problems this year - you might have read about them - there is a shortage of all things made in china - its not just V6 boxes - try and buy a bike or a sewing machine - i name those as they are 2 items that i wanted this christmas for others - its inconvenient but its not the end - tell that to those who make up the daily death rate

Tony
0 Kudos
benjamin521
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I understand this - I placed my order the beginning of November it now almost January - When I pay for a service I expect it no excuse - SKY have boxes so why don't they follow their lead   - what a crap excuse -  

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@benjamin521 wrote:

I understand this - I placed my order the beginning of November it now almost January - When I pay for a service I expect it no excuse - SKY have boxes so why don't they follow their lead   - what a crap excuse -  

sky manufacture their own boxes, they bought Amstrad some time ago to bring it "in-house".
no idea where they are physically made, but it's possible they come in via air freight - it's a pointless question though.

you're also not paying anything as of yet, as you don't start paying until your kit is installed and activated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos