Menu
heatherwighton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome Credit not received.

I signed up for my Virgin services at the beginning of July - I did not call, everything was done via live chat (I have the person's name who I dealt with). I was not happy with the fact that the deal I had been offered a couple of days prior, had apparently gone massively up in price, so the person on the live chat offered me £50 welcome credit to make me sign up. She asked to take control of my laptop screen remotely, and I watched her add her £50 on to my basket. I also have screenshots of our chat conversation to prove this was the case. I should have also received another £50 on top of that, because I signed up through a friend's referral link. Neither my friend nor myself have received this reward credit. 

So basically, Virgin owe me £100 and my friend £50! 

Over the last 4 days, I have attempted to get through to talk to somebody about this on the message function. They were claiming that they have no record of me signing up with a referral link, nor being given this additional welcome credit. On Sunday evening (after 6 HOURS of back and forth messaging), I was told my issue would be escalated to management, who would get back to me. However, when I went back on to the message facility the next morning (it was 9pm so understandably I left the browser open and went to bed), it had completely cut me off and I had a message from the AI robot thing, asking me what my issue was - basically I was back at the beginning. 

I have now provided all of my details, as well as screenshots of proof of my conversation back in July, FOUR times. Every time I keep getting palmed off, or the live chat facility kicks me out and I have to start the process all over again. Honestly such horrendous customer service, I'm really not happy and just want the money I am owed. That £50 credit was literally the only reason I actually agreed to the deal at all. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Welcome Credit not received.

What credits you are entitled to are usually described in one of the first few emails from virgin along with your contract and first bill estimate. These are what matters. What do these say? If they are wrong you normally have to contend them in the first month.

0 Kudos
heatherwighton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My contract has a tick next to "Welcome Credit" but it doesn't state how much. Clearly something has not been processed correctly, however I don't understand how as I trusted the person I spoke to on the live chat put the order through for me, so it's 100% not a mistake I have made. I was also told that it would take up to 28 days for the friend referral reward to go through, so I didn't think to contest it within the first month, as it would not have been more than 28 days. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heatherwighton,

Thanks for using the forums to get this missing welcome credit looked into, I am sorry if you have still not received it since posting here.

Our refer a friend scheme is now conducted by our partner group called Aklamio. You will need to contact them directly if you still need this resolved. Their email is virgin-media@aklamio.com or alternatively you can call them on 01576 820030 during their opening hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. If you've already spoken to customer services they should have already directed you to them, have you been able to ring them if this is the case?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos