Menu
Abnormalik
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Weird wall box

7A30E5CD-B362-4371-8CAB-A2DF92BAE44F.jpeg

We just moved into a new place, the former owners told us they were with Virgin, so anticipating to find a... ‘normal’ wall box, I signed up to Virgin and we are now waiting for the self installation kit.

when I looked at the boxes though, they seem different from the ones on the install pdf (see pictures) with one phone (?) cable coming from the Virgin box and one cable (split in two) coming from the Telewest Broadband. Is this actually common or do we need an engineer?

thanks everyone:)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weird wall box

Probably not. Remove the cable from the Telewest box that goes to the splitter and plug in the cable that will go to your new hub that will be in the kit. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Abnormalik

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry there's been some issues installing the services yourself, I know you're keen to get connected. 

Have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Let us know as we'll be able take some details from here and help further if needed.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Abnormalik
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

so I only just got the install kit. I connected the red-labelled cable to the Telewest Broadband box. Up until just now, the WiFi light was on and the base light was flashing green. Then the base light was solid white for a while, and all the lights went off. Then everything was solid for a moment and now everything is off except for the base light flashing white. Since this is happening during the first 30 minutes of activation, I’m assuming it’s normal?

whenever I manage to join the network on my mobile though, it automatically brings up the connection problem window.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi i have a suspicion that it hasn't activated, 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the equipment to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Or the hub is downloading/installing the latest firmware.

If the situation hasn't changed after 2 hours then suspect an issue.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos