cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe

Alanio
Joining in

Websafe settings show as off, but I'm still not able to access any content this blocks. I've been on the phone 5 times for nearly an hour each time. Every time I'm told to wait 24hours each time to get this fixed, which still hasn't worked. Not happy that I'm still; paying full amount for half the service.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's just one or two devices, you can manually set the DNS to another DNS Server on those devices. 

For example, Google's DNS Servers are  Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4 

This  should by pass the VM Websafe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

A coupe of weeks ago the VM Mod Team claimed this was fixed.

Clearly not as a new spate of posts are arriving.

We have Child Safe OFF and Virus Safe ON & I've never dared to revisit that section on the VM Portal in well over a year just in case I much up what is working.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another reason for using your own IT kit. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good afternoon @Alanio 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the Websafe issues. Are you getting any error messages at all? 

Have you also rebooted the router since the Websafe was turned off?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, I was getting error messages and I sorted it with the team on the phone. The error messages have now stopped and it worked for about 20 minutes. Now I can’t access any adult sites again but the error messages have not returned. I’m at a loss and don’t want to spend another hour on the phone.

Client62
Legend

We can bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe by changing the DNS of a computer / mobile to a Public DNS

e.g. Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4