cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak WiFi - Netflix and Prime stopped working

bdw
Up to speed

I have been using Netflix and Prime for some time but for the last couple of months it has become impossible. The problem seems to be a weak signal. When I check the signal level on my TV it reports about  25% to 50%. I am on fibre broadband with a Hub 3 and 200 Mbps.

I checked the signal level with the hopeless Virgin Connect app and it says it was "Great" before crapping out on me. Now it won't connect either.

Should I be getting a new Hub or booster or whatever?

22 REPLIES 22

Hi bdw,

I do appreciate what you're saying and the frustration behind it. However we cannot guarantee WiFi signal as per our broadband T&Cs. There are many factors which can affect wireless signal, from other electric equipment in the home, to what your walls are made out of in the home amongst other things. For this reason, we cannot always guarantee wireless signal or speeds as every home is different.

For what reason were you advised that you would receive a call back? Do you have a complaint that you requested to escalate?

Beth

I refer you back to my previous post.
"I  called the number mentioned as advised. I waited 20 minutes for an answer. Finally got through to someone with an almost impossible accent. I was told in no uncertain terms that they could do nothing for me. If I wanted a working system with pods it would cost me a further £5 per month. The girl told me to contact faults. I explained that I had already been down that road. She said that was my only option.

She then transferred my call. I spent a further 35 minutes hanging on while someone "investigated" my problem. At the end (around 18.30) I was told that someone would call me back within four hours. I waited by the phone all night "

I am not sure what they were doing or what they were investigating because they didn't tell me but there should be a record of this in your support system. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply bdw.

I am very sorry if you did not receive a call back as advised, we will ensure this is flagged as feedback for the adviser. 

I can confirm the technical team and ourselves have checked the account and can see no issues with the service being received to the Hub. With this being the case and the issue being predominately with WiFi, we would recommend considering the option of adding POD's to your service. 

More information and further support can be found via the links below. 

Wi-Fi hints and tips 

Wi-Fi troubleshooting 

Thank you 

Nat