cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry to hear that you recently cancelled

Wakeboardpaul
Joining in

Hi all, I've had an open order for an installation of broadband since January!!!!.  The contractors turned up a few weeks ago and we all looked good to run the cables before they detected GAS on the street.  Had a re-install date of the 8th June but received a message saying that I had cancelled the order.  I haven't cancelled?  Anyone know the best way to follow this up I've already signed the contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Have they sent you a formal notification saying they won't be installing? They owe you compensation for every day past your original installation date plus 30 days from today.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you spoken to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 to try to find out more?

It is not uncommon for VM to cancel an installation if there is some kind of obstacle to a straightforward installation (even after the customer has been waiting a long time). Quite often in topics on here they don't even tell the customer they have been 'cancelled'!

Check out the compensation scheme

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

to see what you may be due if VM has cancelled on you.

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Have they sent you a formal notification saying they won't be installing? They owe you compensation for every day past your original installation date plus 30 days from today.

Thanks will give them a call

Hi @Wakeboardpaul 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with delays in your installation. We can understand the level of inconvenience this may have caused you and we want to best help. I can see you very recently contacted our team regarding this. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs