cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're doing some work on our site

MilesP
Up to speed

My broadband homepage is set to VirginMedia.com and whenever it starts it says "We're doing some work on our site". This has been going on for quite a real. Is this really the case? and when is the work likely to end?

I can access other parts of the Virgin Media website such as My Virgin Media etc. so not a real problem, but is this homepage still valid?

9 REPLIES 9

MilesP
Up to speed
Should have said "quite a time" of course.
Also, I notice if I double click the Virgin Media link rapidly, it sometimes goes to a proper page with address www.virginMedia.com, otherwise it seems to go to :
https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/existing-customer?intcmpid=vmexistingcustomer
which is the one that says We're doing some work on our site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup the VM website is in a constant state of chaos and turmoil. 

They do a lot of work on it , but it never gets any better.

Must be the same IT team that have failed to fix the Netflix problem in 2 months of trying..

Thanks for the replies. So it's not just me that gets this problem.

However, anyone know why when going to www.virginmedia.com it sometimes seems to get redirected to www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/existing-customer?intcmpid=vmexistingcustomer

What is doing the re-direction?

p.s. I am using Microsoft Edge

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MilesP,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with our website.

Can you please tell me exactly what you are trying to log into? What help are you looking for on our website?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley,

I am just logging in to the website - www.virginmedia.com - it is my default homepage.

It gets redirected to www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/existing-customer?intcmpid=vmexistingcustomer which is where it says "We're doing some work on our site".

It I click a second time on me link to www.virginmedia.com it sometimes does not get redirected, but stays on www.virginmedia.com which is what I want. The redirection must be happening on the Virgin Media site itself not in the browser (Microsoft Edge). Surely someone else must be experiencing this problem or knows if there is actually work being done on the site.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MilesP

Thank you for getting back to us. 

I am having trouble replicating the issue when using Edge on our side. 

What happens if you use another browser please? I have also tried IE and Chrome.

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks for your reply. I did get the same problem on Chrome.
However it seems to have gone away now and I no longer get the message about working on the site. Perhaps it was a timing issue or something like that.
So, either the issue has been fixed or it was some sort of glitch somewhere. No point in investigating further if no-one else has had the problem.
Thanks.

HI MilesP, thanks for the message and I am glad to hear that this has now been resolved. I have taken your feedback on board and fed this back to the relevant area of the business so that improvements can be made. If you have any further issues then please let me know. ^Chris.