Menu
Littlemum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We need a phone socket please!!

Hi

we have had an account which includes paying for phone for 10 years but have never had a phone socket installed. Can someone help with this and also to migrate the number we use (currently use phone with EE!) 

Any help appreciated. 
thanks 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We need a phone socket please!!

why was the line never installed when you took out the phone services?

VM may be able to activate the hub 3 to use the phone line on that
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can use the telephone socket on the back of your hub with suitable adaptor 

0 Kudos
Littlemum
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Thanks both for your replies

Our personal circumstances (very serious family accident) made it very difficult to get an engineer to visit all those years ago as the original engineer simply forgot to put a phone line in apparently, so we left it as we had the phone with EE. However, every time I’ve tried to sort this out in other years I’ve got nowhere.

Unfortunately we have a super hub 2 so no phone socket in the back. We have had such problems with the wifi from this old hub (and nobody could help us as again it needed an engineer to visit during lockdown) that we had to buy a separate system for the wifi too!

if there is a way of getting a new hub which we can connect our phone into (and transfer our existing phone number to) that would be great. 

thank you for your help 
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then it usually means you are on an old package that the computer can’t recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call. You could try again on another day/time – different agent may have more knowledge

If you get nowhere with that - let us know here.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally, a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take a week or more.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Littlemum
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much. I tried the link but (no surprise) it said to call them (even though we all know that’s impossible ) so I used the text service and hope that someone might get back to me.

I appreciate your help thank you.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not that impossible - if you try at 8am, you can get through relatively quickly, within about 30 mins. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for our post and welcome to the Community Forums, Littlemum.

We can help you with this. Are you wanting the hub changed so that you can use a DOCSIS phone connection or are you wanting the socket installed?

Cheers,

Corey C

Littlemum
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

so long as we can use a phone line (and transfer the number) the new hub should be fine!

are you able to help please?

thank you 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Littlemum

Sadly we are not able apply the New line on our Forums as it is classed as package change 

To upgrade the Docsis Line you will need to get in touch with Our Customer Service Team

They can also look at the deals and my be able to save you some money 

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809

Gareth_L

0 Kudos