Did you mean: 

Wayleave and Re-Route

Customerle98ha
Tuning in

60BB71FB-926E-4C38-9183-D428744A9536.jpeg

7066645A-173B-41BD-917C-C4FBB6923E7B.jpeg

A83822D6-510E-4867-8F47-C4B15E88A994.jpeg

E65A4B86-7E9E-460E-B9AD-F7BA81481FC2.jpeg

Hi, I am leaseholder of a flat and the residents managing company have informed me that the virgin media cables have not been installed properly and no wayleave agreement exists.

They have asked to either remove the cables or re-route them so that it does not pose a health and safety risk and also seek wayleave permission from the RMC.

36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

The VM forum team will respond soon. I tend to see what the concerns are about glancing at the pictures...

@Customerle98ha just to be clear, are you a VM customer who has ordered a recent installation, and this is how they have left the connection to your flat or have the cables been there in that state for some time? Do you happen to know if there are any other VM customers there?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not looking too good. Any re-routing looks like it will involve removing and replacing of floor tiles and/or paving bricks.

Do any of other flats in the building have VM installed - how are their cables being run??

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hopefully the pictures are clear, if need to be I can upload more.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What are your red lines indicating?

Other properties ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I am a Virgin customer and the installation was done over 1 years ago.

I believe the first engineer routed a single cable and over time several other engineers have just decided to add more cables / without a wayleave or an agreement on how to route the cables and its left the cables in this state.

It was recently picked up on a heath and safety visit and since then the RMC have been looking to resolve this.

There are several other Virgin Media customers in the flat.

There are other virgin customers in the building and all the wires are all over the external building.

I guess the main concern with the RMC is the cables above the main entrance door as this was picked up as a health and safety concern. 

The red lines are to outline the virgin media cables.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Customerle98ha, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details with you so I can get this raised with the relevant team. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.