Menu
Paul95
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wasn’t prepared

So I’m a new customer to virgin media and I got my quick start set up.

Turns out I don’t have a virgin media wall socket. 
what can I do, there’s an old socket on the wall which I’m able to connect the wall connector into but I don’t have any broadband.

any help will be good.

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wasn’t prepared

Hi there are a few options ultimately you need to ring virgin and ask for an engineer and say that you think the cable is not connected in the node as that is common for new VM installations

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if your ringing make sure you have at least an hour as its currently peek.

If you ring try cancelations first as you have just joined if they are unavailable ring tech support line but never use the chat you will literally spend hours being passed around 

Also what type of VM socket is it on the wall is it a Coaxial Cable connecter or a Telephone entrance as they still have both in some areas such as area 31

Paul95
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There’s a virgin telephone entrance and the coaxial cable is connected but I’ve not idea the the socket is as I can’t read the logo. I was surprised it actually fit on the first place. The box is a Hub 3 and it’s on, green WiFi symbol and flashing green base symbol

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah the base green means not connecting

I know great logic with the red and green

Basically somewhere between the hub and VM node (there is one in the street somewhere or nearby) the cable is either damaged or not connected which means that you will have no service. It could be on the property but for best results give them a ring as all service and call outs are free. Make sure to ask your engineer if the cable on your property is recent as I have just had my 20 Year old coaxial cable replaced as it caused issues by itself.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul95,

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your self-install, have you been able to get connected since your post? Let us know and we can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos