Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was sent a Hub 3 (not a Hub 4) - How to return it?

No idea what customer service is doing but they promised to send me a Hub 4 to see if it would help address numberous issues I've had.

It arrived today. It is (of course) a Hub 3. I already have a Hub 3.

I don't have the time to call back in about this. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Was sent a Hub 3 (not a Hub 4) - How to return it?

What should you do?  Plug the replacement Hub 3 in and see if it improves things.  If your problems were down to a faulty hub, chances are the replacement will solve things.  Realistically it probably won't because the vast majority of connection problems are down to variants on noise or power levels (and a generous smattering of over-utilisation issues). 

A Hub 4 would be no better, and may even be worse because it is more reliant than the Hub 3 upon having very good connection quality.

If I'm right and the replacement hub makes no difference you might want to try these forums to help get a better idea of what is at the root of your problem, and the options for getting it fixed without dealing with VM's dismal offshore support.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but the Hub 3 was just replaced 2 weekends ago so I don't want to go to the bother of replacing it and setting it up all over again. Hub 4 was sent out by them to see if it would be a more reliable longer term solution.

Not sure what to do with the Hub 3 I've received as I don't need it. I called them to check and latest is they won't send a Hub 4 here as not yet a Gigabit area. So don't know why at the weekend they said they would.

Not sure how to return it. Just stick the return sticker on it I guess that was meant for the current Hub 3 and send the new one back?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI pdampier

please see the following link for packaging

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

Chris

0 Kudos