cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Liggins87
Joining in

Hi,

Ive just got virgin media but dont have a wall plug in the house. How do i go about getting an engineer out to have one installed.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Rather than start another post on the same topic... I received my pack today but the cables supplied don't fit the wall socket.  The previous occupants had Virgin Media until a month ago so wrongly assumed it would be a seemless set up.  

I've tried telephoning and bought the F type adaptor recommended in other posts but it still doesn't fit.  The phone number for an tech set up just goes round and round in circles with no answer.  

Are there any other options?  At the moment the only thing I can think is to cancel and then rejoin booking a tech install.  

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post photo of what sockets you have. Is it a flat and if so how many in block.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

IMG_1945.jpg

There are 5 flats but I believe we are the only ones who had Virgin Media installed.  

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RubyTu3sday wrote:

IMG_1945.jpg

There are 5 flats but I believe we are the only ones who had Virgin Media installed.  

That is a Freeview rooftop antenna outlet. It's not for Virgin.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It is actually a VM box but a very old one, even though it was still in use just over a month ago.  

But I have actually managed to get through to the technical team over chat.  The phone number doesn't connect you.

They are coming on Friday to fit new boxes... so yay though it did take 1 hour and 40 minutes to get there.

Hi there @RobyTu3sday 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so glad to hear you were able to arrange the install with an engineer. 

Can you let us know how things are looking once this appointment has taken place? 

Thank you.