cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

oliviabr
Joining in

Hello

ive recently bought the quick set up broadband but seemed to not have the right wall socket, I’ve looked around the house but there is a cable that looks promising so I followed it outside and it’s not connected to anything nor does it have anything to connect to (seems like a useless wire) 

I’ve tried getting into contact with Virgin media but no help at all 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

If you don't have an outside box, the previous owner may have removed it.  If that's the case a manned install will be required and that will be a delay in your installation.

Wait here a day or two and a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @oliviabr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues with your install, have you been able to find the connection using the instructions from @Adduxi or do you need a manned install?

I can arrange that for you from here, if you'd like, please respond to my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L