cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Dee2528
Joining in

I have recently moved and set up the broadband kit however the wall socket that is in the property seems old and I’m not able to secure the lead to it properly. Should I purchase a new wall socket from Virgin and how long might this take ?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you post a picture of the connections you have? That may help.

You might need a manned engineer installation which VM can arrange (either by phone or by waiting here), but let's see some pictures and go from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dee2528,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your wall socket!

As @japitts advised, it would be very helpful if you should attach an image of the socket so we can look into this further and see what it looks like. If you're unable to plug in and activate your equipment with this socket, you can get in touch with us here or call us directly on 150/ 03454541111 so we can book in a manned engineer installation for you for free of charge.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on and if you need any help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs