Menu
rsvillaveces
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket

Hello! I order a QuickStart hub. I didn’t realised that I don’t have a wall socket and I can’t find help on how to get one. What could I do?

Thank you!!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
alcchrls2
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket

Hiya! 

The wall socket in my flat is behind the front door, but it is not near an electrical outlet. I am unable to charge my new Panasonic wireless phone and connect to the phone line at the same time.

Can I please have an Engineer move this little phone connection line near  to the Hub, please?

All connectivity including an electrical out is there for a new wireless phone setup.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@alcchrls2 wrote:

Hiya! 

The wall socket in my flat is behind the front door, but it is not near an electrical outlet. I am unable to charge my new Panasonic wireless phone and connect to the phone line at the same time.

Can I please have an Engineer move this little phone connection line near  to the Hub, please?

All connectivity including an electrical out is there for a new wireless phone setup.

always better to start your oen thread as posts get missed when added to an existing thread

not sure what you want moving - the phone socket or the internet wall socket - either way it will cost you £99 as a non fault call out which they are just starting to do again but there is a backlog so it may be a while

at £99 i would think there are cheaper solutions you could find - an extension socket for the phone or a mains extension cable

Tony
alcchrls2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Tony!

I will just get an extension cord that is long enough to get to the electrical phone at the front door of my flat.

Kind regards, 

Alicia.

0 Kudos