Menu
Frogbaby
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket

Just signed up with virgin fibre broadband. The virgin cable doesn't fit my bt wall socket. How can this be rectified?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket

Hi you will need to phone ask for a manned install, virgin equipment is not compatible with BT kit. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

as LittleMick73 said, Virgin Media network is a cable/docsis system were as BT is ADSL/telephone network system, can wait for the forum staff to reply or could give pre-install team a call 0800 052 1734,  would also check the cupboards, under the stairs etc..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Frogbaby wrote:

Just signed up with virgin fibre broadband. The virgin cable doesn't fit my bt wall socket. How can this be rectified?

if they have allowed a self install then VM has been installed there in the past - they dont remove it but someone might have removed some of it

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

Tony
0 Kudos
Frogbaby
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Frogbaby
Joining in
Message 6 of 6