cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket connection issue on startup

Olvr98
Joining in

Hi there,

I moved into a new flat and got a self start-up kit. Essentially, I can’t figure out how to connect my broadband cable into the wall socket. There are two empty wall sockets but the cable doesn’t fit into either. There is this aerial splitter which seems the most obvious place to connect to, but the broadband won’t set up properly, as there is some hardware connection issue.

Am I missing something obvious? Kinda need the WiFi asap and technician visit would be too late

IMG_5178.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

That's the correct connector.

What colour does the LED appear as after a few minutes (HUB)?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team and explain your issue, on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

It could be the cable is disconnected externally to your property.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bearing in mind this is the first setup.

It initially goes solid white, then flashes white, then a solid green WiFi symbol and a flashing green light.

I understand this means there is some connection issue. But, surely, the wire can’t be faulty, it’s fresh from the box.

Thanks, I’ve rang a virgin and they are sending a technician out, which might be the only solution. But I’ll give this number a call too. From my understanding there was tennant here only months before me successfully using a similar Virgin set up, but you may be correct 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Olvr98,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to see that you're having some issues with your self-install!

It does sound like a technician appointment will be the best option to have your services connected and have your connection up and running. 

Please keep us update on how you get on and if you need any further help or assistance. We're here to help.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs