Menu
Housequake7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket compatibility

EE59B26E-B943-4C65-8B5D-2350618C6179.jpeg

Hi I just received my quickstart Hub 3 pack and I am struggling to understand how I would connect it to the only visible cable I have in my flat.

Obviously the cable that comes with the QuickStart pack doesn’t fit into this and I’ve tried putting this directly into the modem but it doesn’t go in far enough for anything to work. I’ve tried unscrewing the bolt on the end of the cable but it won’t come off.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wall socket compatibility

@Housequake7 wrote:

Hi I just received my quickstart Hub 3 pack and I am struggling to understand how I would connect it to the only visible cable I have in my flat.

Obviously the cable that comes with the QuickStart pack doesn’t fit into this and I’ve tried putting this directly into the modem but it doesn’t go in far enough for anything to work. I’ve tried unscrewing the bolt on the end of the cable but it won’t come off.

Buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOOBRIE-Extension-Connector-Satellite-Connects/dp/B085Q3X8KB 

-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

or if you are near a B & Q

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony
Housequake7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, so I need an adapter. Why so?

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Housequake7 wrote:

Thanks, so I need an adapter. Why so?

Because you should have one of these on your wall:

However flats are generally setup differently.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

There should still be an isolator/ wall box in flats, just generally on the end of the cable nearby front door normally.

I think as a temporary measure sure buy a barrel coupler or even just connect hub directly to the cable but Virgin needs to send a tech to make the install right.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Housequake7 wrote:

I’ve tried putting this directly into the modem but it doesn’t go in far enough for anything to work. I’ve tried unscrewing the bolt on the end of the cable but it won’t come off.

Hi, @Housequake7

I would like to make sure that you are aware the connector in the picture should 'screw' directly onto the back on the hub and not just push on, could you confirm you have tried to do this?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Housequake7
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt, I've tried to screw it but it doesn't seem to be tightening. The cable also only goes in to the back of the hub maybe a third of the way in.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Housequake7 wrote:

Hi Matt, I've tried to screw it but it doesn't seem to be tightening. The cable also only goes in to the back of the hub maybe a third of the way in.

That's about right (Mine as an example):

0 Kudos
Housequake7
Tuning in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I’ve given it another go. It doesn’t feel very secure though. I have the green flashing light, how long should it take to activate ?

0 Kudos