cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall cable doesn’t fit extension one

certer
Joining in

Hello,

I just received my Quick start package which includes the wall cable. In my current flat the wall socket is at the very entrance, just above the door, and there is a cable that connects to it and runs until the middle of the house. My previous Virgin Media router connected to this extension cable by screwing in the two cables. However, the new wall cable for the new router has a push in type that doesn’t seem to fit this extension cable. At the same time, this setup with the extension has been here for more than 5 years and there is no way to connect the router near the wall socket at the entrance, if I were to remove that extension. 

Is there a way for the extension cable to connect to this new one?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book and engineer visit.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can unscrew the extension cable and push the new cable into the wall socket. Come back here if you have a problem.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @certer, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the wall cable. Can you please confirm if you've been able to call our Pre-Installs team as advised to get this one resolved?

Do please keep us updated, and we'll be on hand to assist you further where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn