Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wall box

I've recently moved to a new flat with a quick start package as I was just transfering my package.

I've moved in and realised there is no virgin media wall box 😔 and I can't get through to book an engineer! 

I have a TV, phone, and Broadband but only avail of the broadband.... Do I need the wall box or can I not just use a DSL adapter and plug the ethernet cable In?

SOS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall box

@AlisonM94 wrote:

I've recently moved to a new flat with a quick start package as I was just transfering my package.

I've moved in and realised there is no virgin media wall box 😔 and I can't get through to book an engineer! 

I have a TV, phone, and Broadband but only avail of the broadband.... Do I need the wall box or can I not just use a DSL adapter and plug the ethernet cable In?

SOS

Not sure what that means?

VM do no use phone lines for internet.

VM wouldn't have sent a quick start pack if their services weren't previously used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall box

Virgin don't use DSL for internet they use DOCSIS.  You'll need to locate a VM wallbox (which will have a coax outlet). 

If there isn't one you'll need to call in and book a tech to get one fitted.  Best to call early (as soon afer 8am as possible) - you *should* be able to get through a bit quicker at that time.

0 Kudos