cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Socket

GO782
Joining in

Hi guys,

we’ve just received our quick set up virgin box and have the wall socket already in our new flat. Unlike the pictures I’ve seen elsewhere, we do not have the cable coming out of the wall socket to plug the wire into. There is a wire within the box but it’s too short to reach and also does not fit in.

1C4F3A5F-04BE-46EA-9F99-1D99EE57B6FE.jpeg

Picture will be inserted!

Can anyone help? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like the internals of the box have been removed. Get a technician by 

Calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you. Yes we will call a technician but we did find these wires which stem from the virgin box. 

we have tried plugging this in but it doesn’t seem to connect. Have tried both.

E0B6DD89-E131-4B77-91DC-B088B3824032.jpeg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like they could be Sky cables and not VM.  It's quite common for competing services to remove cables and replace with their own.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi GO782,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your wall socket looked into, I am sorry your Quick Start set up hasn't been as smooth as we'd like!

I can see that you've already spoken to our team about getting an engineer booked, please let me know how this goes! 

Thanks,

Megan_L