Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wall Socket

Hi, we are currently in the middle of decorating our living room and I have added in a wall socket to the wall to help keep the virgin wiring more neat. I was wondering if I’m doing so if I would still need a tv/data isolator? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall Socket

you cannot remove the isolator - in fact you really should not be playing with the original socket - that said as long as the wiring is as it was then you should be ok

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply the original wiring is still intact was just querying one regards to the isolator. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Um! Safety isolators are there for a reason, just as there are fuses in electric plugs.

It protects Virgins equipment & yours from surges down the incoming cable.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There must always be at least 1 isolator. You can alter the wiring after the white Virgin socket on the wall, before that you need an engineer. So your wall socket must be connected to the white Virgin socket. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That’s the way it is. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Stewart1998

Welcome back to our Community; we all understand the need for neatness with all the cables we have these days. However, please do be advised that any changes you make to our cabling may invalidate your warranty for free fault call outs if you have any issues with your services in the future. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos