Menu
Varney999
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wall Socket: Will My Bell Cablemedia Box Work?

So I've just moved into a new property which had Virgin Media previously. There is a cable connection box (wall socket) already in the house, so my question is can I use Quick Start? It seems the cabling is in place, but the box is not Virgin! 

My wall box says "Bell Cablemedia" but I know the previous owner did have virgin fibre broadband previously. I tried calling Virgin but the estimated wait time was an hour. 

HELP!! Thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall Socket: Will My Bell Cablemedia Box Work?

if the previous owner had VM then no reason why it should not work - well there are a few but you will not know until you connect the hub 

VM cannot test the wiring until the hub is connected so if someone has damaged or cut a cable then that would only show up on connecting the hub

but you have an internal box if its got a screw connector coming out of it thats the 1st thing - trace the wiring back to the external box if thats there and the external box looks ok then order a quick start

Tony
0 Kudos
Paul_262
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

i have sent you a private message to get some more details 

regards

Paul

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_262 wrote:

Hi there

i have sent you a private message to get some more details 

regards

Paul

hmmmmmmmmmmm - why go to pm at this stage - just answer the question - ok you can look up the address - what is that going to say other than VM has installed there before - we know that the OP said so

Tony
0 Kudos