Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk socket issue

clem2110
Joining in

IMG_2489.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

Hi all,

I just moved in my rented flat and setting up my quick start virgin broadband. I can’t seem to figure out how to plug in the cable in the wall socket: I’m told by my landlord that the virgin cables are there (see pictures attached) but the cables don’t match. I’m also not sure where the cable should go: in the tv amplifier or the other line cable (it says “cablecon” on the tag). Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Schmill
Dialled in

First picture looks like a standard (aerial based) TV distribution box.
I'd expect that the 2nd photo is your incoming cable tv connection?

My Broadband Ping - My VM Connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That bottom photo looks to be a VM cable. judging by the connector.

You will need an adapter similar to this from B&Q to fit the Quickstart cable.  From memory they are about £2    https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cable in the second picture should screw directly into the back of the hub. If you are also taking Virgin TV or want the hub placed somewhere else, you will need tech assistance.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi clem2110,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, I was able to locate you on our system with the details  we have for you and it looks like you are up and running, if this isn't the case please let us know, I would also advise setting up an Online account if you haven't already so you can manage your account and make some minor changes.

While having a quick look it does look like you may have a WiFi issues which you can diagnose and fix using our Connect App, with this you can also run black spot checks and if any are found you can then order our WiFi Max, this comes with up to 3 Pod and a guaranteed 20 Mbps in every room Via WiFi.

Regards 

Paul.