cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to move access point -- no contact from Virgin

spoovy
Joining in

I currently have cables above ground over my driveway from the access point to the box on my wall while I wait for the access point to be moved to the edge of my property (from the middle of my driveway where it is at the moment).

I was told by the guy pulling the cable from the cabinet that I would have to wait about a month most likely for it to be moved, and he made some markings on the footway.   I've heard nothing from Virgin media about this though, so I have no idea whether this request was even lodged let alone what the progress is.

Can anyone here help (Virgin staff I would imagine) give me an idea what is going on?

26 REPLIES 26

They assured you that "a visit was made"?  What does that mean?  I've had no visit since the guy who pulled the cables in originally on I think the 17th March, nor would I expect to have had another visit, as no-one has even suggested to me a way forward yet.

Do you, Virgin Media, have any actual plans to provide what you have already taken my money for, and put a cable underground, down the side of my driveway, to my house, and connect me to the internet?

It's now approaching a month since my "go live" date and so far all I have is a mess of cables on my driveway.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues spoovy,

Welcome back to the community!

Just for clarification with the picture on the thread, is the access point accessible through the required route along the side of the driveway or has that been advised that it needs to be relocated?

Thanks,

Kain

Kain

The access point is located in the footway about 5-10cm in front of my driveway.   I was told it would need to be moved or I would have an obvious scar on my driveway which we both agreed would look terrible and would necessitate a new driveway.

I asked if it could be run along the front edge of my driveway (so the cut would be from left to right on the photo, in front of the rockery and then down the side to the house) and was told that would damage the edging stones at the front of the driveway.  I don't see why myself but I'm then not experienced in cutting channels in driveways.

Hi spoovy,

I do understand, however the Field Team have advised that as you did not want the tarmac touched, this is why the access point needed to be moved. The Field Team mentioned to me that they had come back to your property since the original visit to review the cables and access point, however if this did not happen I am very sorry.

I will get back in touch with them today and ask if they have an update. Thank you for your ongoing patience.

Beth

Hi again spoovy,

The Field Team have confirmed that a new T has been fitted and the cable has been pulled through now, however I believe that you've been facing issues with your connection, as mentioned in your other thread.

I'll keep in contact with the Field Team and ask if they're able to see if the issue is stemming from outside of your property and requires a fault engineer appointment.

Beth

So I had a knock at the door the other day which was VM technicians telling me they were here to solve the cabling issue.  I was not told of this visit beforehand but luckily I was in.  It turns out the access point had been moved at some point in the previous few days (I was not told of this either and was presumably out when it happened as I was unaware of it) so they were able to bury the cable along the side of my driveway and this problem at least is solved.

While the technicians were still here and for a while afterwards connections were dropping all the time, just as before the new cable was pulled, but it seems to be OK at the moment.  I'll carry on chasing that up on my other thread if required.

What a shambles though!  The main problem in my opinion is a lack of communication about what's happening.  I get that things go wrong, unexpected things happen etc, but none of this stuff should be difficult to solve really, just speak to us, let us know what's going on, listen to what we're actually saying / writing, and arrange appointments don't just turn up etc.  Basic stuff really.    And don't promise things you can't provide when selling the thing.

I wonder if you'll expect me to pay for this month, for which I have not been able to use VM at all?

Hi @spoovy

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear the technicians were able to bury the cable and can only apologise you've not had the best experience throughout this. 

Have you had any further issues with the connection dropping?

Let us know so we can offer further support if needed. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs