Menu
zander96
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Waiting for install for 2 months!!

Ordered an install mid december -  scheduled for 06 Jan (CANCELED), Re sheduled for 01 Feb (CANCELED).

Awaiting install on the 22nd BUT pre install work meant to be completed yesterday has not been completed and I would like to know why and when it will be carried out. I have had no internet since mid December and working from home on a mobile hotspot is getting a bit tedious. 

I have seen that people have been able to contact area managers to find out what is actually going on. Is that possible as the service on the phone tells me no more than I already know which frankly is little to nothing. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting for install for 2 months!!

Do you have a virgin cable to the house?

If not, do you have a Virgin tee in the pavement? typically a triangular plastic box which when opened reveals a cable or at least a duct. 

If not, might be waiting for council approvement to install one. 

0 Kudos
zander96
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe that is the reason why we need the pre install work but this is the third time they have had it scheduled and I would just like some transparency instead of empty promises of it definitely being completed this time. If it is the council with holding a permit I can then raise the issue with them rather than having to chase around every time it gets delayed and end up exactly where I was 3 weeks before. 

The amount of detail that is given to customers is shockingly poor - I want to know the reason why it is delayed not just be told over and over that it is delayed. 

I need to speak to someone who knows exactly what is happening regarding my install not someone who is reading back to me the service orders that I can see myself on the APP. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately that's pretty much all customer services can see - your notes. You can try the preinstallation team, but don't expect much more. It's outside contractors that are doing the work and until they get back to VM on the current state all you'll get is "There is a delay, could be a day, could be a week, could be a month". 

The council won't talk to you either as your contract is with VM who have outsourced the work to someone else who have the contract with the council. 

0 Kudos
tastyfish
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We had the same issue.  Hopefully one of the moderators will flag your case to an area manager.

It took a month from the original install date to get installation complete.  I don’t think Virgin’s systems talk to each other as the pre-install survey notes weren’t followed, the installer turned up expecting the cable to be ready and couldn’t find any notes and the physical installation of the cable (ie a permanent buried cable) was cancelled by customer services when they saw the lines go active from the temp cable left by the installer to get us up and running.

Hopefully you get sorted soon.

0 Kudos
zander96
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

and they've cancelled again...

0 Kudos