Menu
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Waited in for 3 days for upgrade...

Hi there. Over 2 weeks ago I contacted virgin regarding my package, and I was offered a deal which was slightly cheaper than what I was paying before with an upgrade to 500mb internet from my current 350mb. I was told a date for my install, which was supposed to be delivered by Yodel, and I would set it all up myself. I waited from 8am to 6pm, with no sign of my delivery, being told it had been lost in transit. All in all, I have had 3 different delivery dates since, 9 phonecalls, 7 live chats and 3 whole days wasted I am here without my upgrade. Most of the virgin staff I have spoken to have told me it has been sorted out, and to await my delivery. I have received numerous new contracts via email, each specifying the start date and the services I should receive plus my new monthly cost.

I also complained about this via email, to which I got the shortest and frankly rather generic reply after 4 days. I do not understand why I am being messed around so much, so a reply from a virgin staff member would be much appreciated. I will make another complaint if needs be, but I doubt that will get me anywhere. If the community can advise me on what to do I would be very thankful.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waited in for 3 days for upgrade...

Were they sending a New hub for you - why?

You can get 500 on the Hub3 which you already have for the 350 package - and you dont "need" the Hub4.

Whilst waiting for a VM person to reply here - are you still connected to the network and has your speed actually been increased to 500? Check it and see

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I know I don't need a hub4 for 500mb, just for when I upgrade to 1gb. My hub3 will accomodate 500mb as you say. Each person has stated that I don't need a new hub, but one would be sent out anyway for me. My speed is still 350mb, maxing out just near 360mb.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you check the hub3 configuration tab to see the Max Traffic Rate  via a browser 192.168.0.1

This should confirm the speed you are on.

Sometimes the hub needs rebooting for a speed change to take effect.

You could also check if your contract has been updated to show the higher speed by logging into https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  at the top of the page

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I've checked, it's still saying 350.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ichmonji

Thanks for keeping us updated on this? Dare I ask if you have had the upgrade yet? 

I can see from your account it does look like it has been done but there is still an open order currently. 

Can you confirm whether this has been done for you? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, sorry for late reply.

I have just checked my speed again and it is still only 350mb.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @Ichmonji and I do apologise this has not be done as yet. 

I can see the work order for this is still open. 

May be worth contacting our team on 0345 454 1111 for an update as we can not assist with package changes via the Forums unfortunately.

Let me know how you get on. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I have rang you guys many times about this, each time being told it has been sorted and I would get my speed upgrade and a new router. I'm not fussed about the hub4 because I wont be upgrading to 1gb for a bit, and my hub3 can handle 500mb.

I've also contacted you via live chat, only to be told again that it has all been sorted, which it most certainly isn't. This has been going on for weeks now.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ichmonji,

Thank you for expanding on this. I am very sorry about all of the inconvenience that this is undoubtedly causing for you.

We're investigating what's happened so we can assist further. Once we have an update, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos