Hi there. Over 2 weeks ago I contacted virgin regarding my package, and I was offered a deal which was slightly cheaper than what I was paying before with an upgrade to 500mb internet from my current 350mb. I was told a date for my install, which was supposed to be delivered by Yodel, and I would set it all up myself. I waited from 8am to 6pm, with no sign of my delivery, being told it had been lost in transit. All in all, I have had 3 different delivery dates since, 9 phonecalls, 7 live chats and 3 whole days wasted I am here without my upgrade. Most of the virgin staff I have spoken to have told me it has been sorted out, and to await my delivery. I have received numerous new contracts via email, each specifying the start date and the services I should receive plus my new monthly cost.
I also complained about this via email, to which I got the shortest and frankly rather generic reply after 4 days. I do not understand why I am being messed around so much, so a reply from a virgin staff member would be much appreciated. I will make another complaint if needs be, but I doubt that will get me anywhere. If the community can advise me on what to do I would be very thankful.
You can get 500 on the Hub3 which you already have for the 350 package - and you dont "need" the Hub4.
Whilst waiting for a VM person to reply here - are you still connected to the network and has your speed actually been increased to 500? Check it and see
-------------------- John --------------------
I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Thank you for your reply. I know I don't need a hub4 for 500mb, just for when I upgrade to 1gb. My hub3 will accomodate 500mb as you say. Each person has stated that I don't need a new hub, but one would be sent out anyway for me. My speed is still 350mb, maxing out just near 360mb.
I have rang you guys many times about this, each time being told it has been sorted and I would get my speed upgrade and a new router. I'm not fussed about the hub4 because I wont be upgrading to 1gb for a bit, and my hub3 can handle 500mb.
I've also contacted you via live chat, only to be told again that it has all been sorted, which it most certainly isn't. This has been going on for weeks now.