Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIFI

Right i know this is probably a very common question , but ill ask anyway . Why is my wifi so poor inside and out the house , i mean this thing struggles to give a good in the next room . Ive tried extenders and channel changes etc , but my diagnostic for items connected by wifi has a poor signal. All the rooms and my shed are all close by , but still its rubbish.Super hub 3 my foot., nothing super wasting nearly £60 a month for rubbish. Any ideas much appreciated .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, water, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from an ISP Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thats pretty much confirmed my suspicions  , so my next question is what is a good 3rd party piece of equipment you recomend ? Thankyou for previous advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As for recommendations, only you know the ...

Budget,

Environment,

Workload the device will have to support.

Have a read of online PC and Networking mags to get an idea.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos