cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI drops out

Nadcar87
Joining in

Afternoon,

i've only been a part of the Virgin Media family for just over 2 months and not really having the best of experiences. I have the 1GIG Fibre, but over the last few weeks, my wifi keeps dropping out. I have reset the hub, and carried out all necessary checks like using a wired cable without any success. I then looked at the Virgin Media Status page. This has reported a fault in the area and it states and engineer is looking at this and to report and check status later. This was over a week ago. I'm not happy with this... Can someone please look into this further and let me know whats going on please. 

Thanks

Nadia

5 REPLIES 5

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Nadcar87,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to see you have been having this ongoing issue, looking into the system I can see you have been experiencing an outage in your area, the current estimated fix time for this is the 17th May at 3pm, the outage should be resolved by then, we ask that you let us know if it has been and if not we can provide you with an update.

Cheers. Joe

Hi, 

this issue has still not been resolved and we are beyond 17th May. This is the update i am getting from the service status checker...

Nadcar87_0-1684587211479.png

Hi @Nadcar87 thanks for your reply here, sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you.

I've ran further checks and the latest info we have is that the estimated fix time for this is now 29th March at approximately 09:00.

If you're still having issues after this time, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

This is quite frankly shocking its taking this long to resolve this issue for a company that highly promotes customer service. I am not happy at all and in fact looking at other Broadband service providers in the area. 

Hi Nadcar87, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and we can only apologise. 

The fault is an SNR fault - SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. 

As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then, the cause dictates the amount of work required and the time frame for resolution. 

We understand it can be frustrating but hopefully things will be resolved by 29th May for you. 

Please keep us posted on how things go for you.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs