cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone to Virgin - Engineer Required?

unkletom_uk
Joining in

I am in the process of setting up a rental property and the previous owner had a contract with Vodafone which expired at the end of May.

When I ordered Virgin Broadband I was offered a self-installation kit. Am I right in saying there should be a Virgin wall box already present in the property, otherwise Virgin would have automatically offered me a date for an engineer to come out rather than sending a self-install kit?

Thanks - Tom

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It means Virgin have records of a customer using their services at that address previously. So yes, there should be a socket, providing a previous occupier has not removed or tampered with it in the meantime.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @unkletom_uk, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Do please keep us updated with the installation of your services, and if anything further is required, we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn