Menu
Craig256
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin thinks I'm quick start ready...

Hey guys,

Been looking to get set up with virgin broadband as they offer speeds far better than anyone else in my area. My local exchange and cabinet are virgin cable broadband ready, and Virgin thinks my flat has everything installed that I need. 

Unfortunately I definitely do not have the Virgin broadband wall socket in my flat. However I have traced the CATV vent in the communial garden behind my block, and have followed a thick cable that looks to originate from the CATV vent which emerges at the foot of the building and goes up the wall. It looks like this thick cable goes into the attic under the guttering. The entrance to attic is in the stairwell so I therefore have no access to have a look. Round the front of the building there are 3 loose black coax cables (identical to standard sky TV cables) that run down the length of the building and are covered by some black trunking. My block has 3 flats and after checking the cables all 3 are disconnected and look like they've never been used, one of them has just enough length to theoretically be drilled into my flat with about 1.5m spare to play with. Having looked at the rest of my neighbours blocks, they all have the same 3 cables coming down the front of their buildings (3 flats per block). Having checked every address individually, they are all quick start ready. The one block of 3 flats on my street that does not have these 3 cables is not quick start ready according to the Virgin media checker.

Am I correct in thinking the thicker cable at the back of the flat is the fibre into the attic, which is split into 3 coax cables ready to be installed into each of the 3 flats in the block?

Screenshot_20210504-222754.png

This is the end of the coax cable to show it is just standard coax. As I say there is around 1.5m length spare after pulling the cable out of the trunking and into my window for a look.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin thinks I'm quick start ready...

Hi there,

thank you for reaching out, I am happy to help you get installed. I will send you a private message for the address and see what’s what , thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos