Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin socket not wired up

I was on hold with virgin for an hour, then all of a sudden I get disconnected. I tried calling them back only to be told that the call centers are closed and to look online for help. So here I am, I had a look at the socket some engineer put in and found that not only was the front plate not screwed in properly, but the wires inside weren't even connected. Is there anyway I can just do this myself as waiting 2-3 days for an engineer and having to take a day off work does not really work for me. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin socket not wired up

Nope you are not allowed to modify any part of that installation. You need an engineer so they can balance the signal levels and get you activated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I couldn't find anything or anyone that would give an answer to this question. I'll see if I can get something sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jackjoseph323,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear that your internal socket is faulty.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help sorting this out. They're sending an engineer to wire everything up properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jack,

Thank you, let us know how it goes , if you have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know, stay safe.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos