cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin - not for new home!

StaceyF
Joining in

I signed up for Virgin last month ahead of moving into my new home. When I registered, I was informed online that the previous home owners had Virgin so there may be complications. I therefore called Virgin and was reassured a number of times that there would be no issues.  I was persuaded to stay…

Move in today - no internet available until Christmas Day!! Simply because the previous owner also had virgin. Sat on hold forever to be told that - then passed through to cancellations to an automated message to say they had closed. 
Has anyone fixed this issue quickly? If not, I’ll be cancelling the contract and finding another provider ASAP.  I simply cannot accept this delay now that we’ve to WFH again…

Any help/advice from others would be appreciated. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a well priced 30day 4G package. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course.

You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. No need to cancel, when it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

I may be able to assist with this

I'll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more