Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin never turned up on installation day... No cancellation, nothing. It's now been 2 weeks...

Hi,

Having massive difficulties with Virgin at the moment & hoped I might be able to get an answer on here as their Twitter etc. fob me off.

I signed up for one of their larger packages (200mb/s fibre broadband + Mixit TV + Virgin phone line + Talk Weekends) and everything appeared to be going smoothly. Installation was booked in online for Tues 25th February between 1 & 6pm.

2 days before install I received a confirmation text from Virgin about the upcoming installation (standard procedure)...

Installation Screenshot - Virgin [blacked out].png

So far, so good.

I took the afternoon/early evening unpaid off work and waited patiently. Nobody came. I was tempted to call them at 5:30pm but their website states that installation staff can arrive at anytime between those hours and to hold out til 6pm. By 9pm? Nobody came.

I've since tried calling endless helpline numbers but they have not been forthcoming with an apology or explanation for my wasted time other than a token £50 off my first bill (to compensate for the time at work that I missed)... which I can't receive because installation's not happened yet!

It is now 2 weeks since "installation day" and I don't know where to go/what to do. I just want the working fibre package I ordered and was set to be installed several weeks back. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin never turned up on installation day... No cancellation, nothing. It's now been 2 weeks...

A VM person should respond on here in a day or so and be able to get more info for you - there could be a number of reasons why it was cancelled

In the meantime did you try the the Pre-installation and delivery team on... 0800 052 1734 - they also may have more info for you.

Also there is compensation from VM for "missed installations" (£5/day)  - see the details - and the T&C's here....

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin never turned up on installation day... No cancellation, nothing. It's now been 2 weeks...

Hi the only thing I can offer is a number for the pre install team 0800 052 1734, in these cases the "foot" soldiers at call centres will not have a clue as it can be a number of issues such as blocked cable pull ducts which may require a permit from the council etc, & and as you have found for a communications company there are none between departments .Regards Micky
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this John, I just wish Virgin could communicate clearly. I'd be fine with it being postponed if they had told me in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the number, Micky. It is indeed frustrating to note how little the amount of communication that happens between the departments of a communications company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any response, Virgin? It's now 3 weeks since my booked installation slot...

I've a direct debit set up for over a month now; I just want to know when it's happening, please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, that's really useful. Will give it a go tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try calling uk reps I have given info how and their timings below

If I Have Tried To Help You Hope It Helps:
I am fairly knowledgeable about technology in general and will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Sky World Customer (TV), Virgin Media Fibre Optic Gig1; Virgin Media Phone Package

Want To Contact Virgin Media's UK Call Centre?
Here's How:
STEP 1: Dial 150 (Virgin Landline) or 0345 454 1111 (Non Virgin Phone)
STEP 2: Option 1 for TV, Broadband or Home Phone

STEP 3: If The Number You Are Calling From Belongs To Your Virgin Media Account Select Option 1 If Not 2 (then enter the Virgin Media Home Number or press # then tap in Virgin Media Account Number
STEP 4: Select Option 4 - To Make Changes To Your Package Or Tell Us You Are Moving
STEP 5: Select Option 4 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us
STEP 6: Select Option 2 - If You Are Thinking Of Leaving Us For Any Other Reason

UK Call Centre Times:
Mon - Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat - Sun - 9am - 6pm
0 Kudos