cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media wall socket for broadband is not what js shown on the installation guide

elizabethoyeb23
Joining in

Hello, 

I want to install virgin media after using talk talk for many years, I checked that I have the virgin media socket but after watching and reading the installation guide my virgin media socket looks different, i removed the white cap covering it and it is connected to different things, I will insert a picture. Will I need to disconnect these cables and replace them with the cable from the installation pack

any help would be great 

4E5064E0-1BC3-4B56-83BA-9B3E85262D20.jpeg

83400865-5242-4D58-802A-433828360D4B.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can remove the lower cable coming out of the bottom of the box (11 mm spanner, it might be very stiff to turn)

Presumably this is an extension cable going to another part of your home (and assuming you don't need/want anything connected to the other end of that extension cable).

You can then push-fit your new VM cable onto the connector which points down to the skirting board.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, elizabethoyeb23.
Thanks for posting on our help forums and for joining our community, glad to have you on board! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the install issue due to the VM socket you have at home being different than what we show on our guide and the confusion this has caused.
Did the advice from goslow above help with connecting your kit cables and installing your new services with us?

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help, we'd be eager to assist with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs