Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media wall socket disconnected

Hi, I recently got Virgin media, having plugged it into what I believe is the correct socket I’m not getting any internet. After following the wire, I believe it is not connected to anything the other end. Is this something I would be able to try and fix myself or do I need an engineer? At the moment we are without internet until it is fixed.

Thanks 

39228A57-A57A-49A7-8D02-EF25138B8E11.jpeg

CC362625-53E1-4E71-9B5A-F109AA7B1B79.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media wall socket disconnected

i have no idea what that is in the first picture - looks like a splitter but one that came with the ark maybe - for that alone you really need a tech - the cable end without the connector needs a crimped end - so thats the same tech to sort that

ring them or wait here for VM to pick the thread up

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, and yes it looks like it came from the ark! Looking closer, I’m pretty sure that the cable coming from the single output side goes outside to our Virgin box which doesn’t look in the best state. But with no labelling on the internal wall box it’s hard to know which bit is what. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That looks like one of the old TV/FM diplexer isolator units. Only one of the outputs will work anyway (the old outer cover would have been marked as to which is which). I would try the other output, as if you are into the FM one it will block the Broadband signal. It won’t damage anything by trying both.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenClarke91,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your internal socket isn't working, 

I will be more than happy to help, so I can access your account I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for your help but I have now identified an 'actual' Virgin box in another room and the WiFi is working perfectly.

I'll let Noah know about this other one though, he's probably missing it.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming back and for the update, glad to hear you are now up and running, I would say that other connection even predates Noah.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos