cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media not available at my address

Bradders1262
Joining in

Hi,

I used the postcode checker and my house number isn’t available for broadband, but all of my other neighbours within my postcode and area have Vm available to them. I really want to use your broadband and think it’s a shame that you have missed out my address and allowed every other address within my vicinity to have connection to your broadband. It doesn’t make sense. I had contacted you but eventually I got no reply. Can a spotter/engineer be sent to my address to check this please as I don’t think this is right?! Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Bradders1262 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

6f
Joining in

Hi Martin/VM team,

I'm in a very similar situation, entire street has VM, I live at the end of a small private road on the same street, and would love to get VM, I own the land, so no problem with the way leave, be great if somebody could get in touch?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@6f wrote:

Hi Martin/VM team,

I'm in a very similar situation, entire street has VM, I live at the end of a small private road on the same street, and would love to get VM, I own the land, so no problem with the way leave, be great if somebody could get in touch?

Private roads are an issue. VM would have to obtain wayleave from every homeowner to install, whether they wanted the service or not. This pushes up the cost of a project that would already be expensive as the infill would only be a handful of houses, hence small return. If the area build is legacy HFC network from the 1990s it would be a non-starter anyway, as there would be no excess capacity for HFC, & fibre overbuild would involve modifications up to 1km away from the installation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks