cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media no longer coming soon

kananim
Joining in

I've been waiting to get faster broadband for a while (best we can get is 16 down, 2 up) and was surprised to see VM in the area installing infrastructure last October and when I checked the online tracker I was pleasantly surprised to see that VM would be coming to my area soon so I signed up to be kept updated on the progress. In November I got an email stating it had been delayed and then in January I got two updates, on 4th Jan stating that it was "nearly ready" and then on 20th Jan stating it would be switched on in a few days time. It's now August and I've not had any more updates and now even the postcode checker doesn't even suggest VM have any intention of expanding to our area.

Is there any way to get an update on this? My current broadband contract is due to end next month and my current options are to stay on a 1 month contract and pay double my current rate or sign up for a new contract and be locked in for another 12-18 months. Ideally I would switch the VM as soon as it becomes available but I won't be able to do that if I'm locked into a long contract with someone else.

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kananim thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

As you're not getting any updates on out cable my street section of our website.  I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R