Menu
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media keep cancelling my engineering appointments

They cancelled the first time when they were mean to install the wall fixture, then my router arrived, it didnt work so i ordered an engineer around for monday and now they have cancelled. Both times they have no notified me so without checking it would have gone un-noticed! I am very unhappy with this service. Now i have to wait again and rebook at a later time, again delaying this! I do not think i have ever had a good experience with Vrigin Media.

Fragility
Dialled in
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media keep cancelling my engineering appointments

Honestly, they don't really care to be honest with you. I've been trying to get installed since April. They only seem to do anything after you open a complaint (which they have up to 8-weeks to implement a resolution which is far too long imo) and then after that, you can raise an issue to CISAS which is the Ombudsman for these kinds of services.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ann0yedcust0mer

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your post - I was sorry to understand that you have has some issues with your installation and subsequent visit that were booked to get this resolved for you. 

After checking your account I can see that there was some confusion over what technician visit was needed; it looks like the incorrect one was booked for your query and as such this was cancelled. I can see now that the correct technician has been booked for you - you can check the date and time of this visit via your online account at anytime - you can also reschedule or cancel the visit if you need to. 

Hope it all goes well - please do keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Just another update, when i phoned to ask for an engineer to come over after EXCPLICITLY saying that a faceplate wasnt installed and the customer service said they have booked this for me, they said they would come over on the 13th october, they decided to email me saying they cant come over 15 minutes after the start of the timeslot. So no KATIE_WT it did not go well actually, yet again another poor, horrific and comical show from virgin medias customer service.

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Just had our internet cut off randomly.

Also thanks for keeping up to date with us Katie_WT, I love how you care about your customers.

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

My account has now been deleted, what is going on, this is a **bleep** show now. 

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Haha don’t worry katie_wt my account was deactivated because a third party cancelled another account ages ago. Don’t worry though because the “very helpful” virgin media customer service rep said they sent in a form so our internet should be up and running in 48 hours. 

I love how I’ve tweeted and posted on here and haven’t seen one reply. God you are so helpful. Anyway I’ll be looking forward to phoning up virgin media shortly when the next thing goes wrong. I’ll keep you updated katie_wt. Terrific service. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

If you require a quicker reply then i suggest you ring customer services as although we do try to help people on the forums it's primarily a community support forum. 

zhuuuuuuuuuu
Settling in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello, can you help that i don't have a virgin media socket and no contact method is reachable now

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

When that happened to me, i gave them a ring and explained i needed a faceplate installed, but when the engineer turned up they said i have the wrong engineer and they couldnt do anything about it, the engineer then said hed sort it out with his manager later, showed me my number so he could call back, after that i heard nothing, it took another week and half to get someone to install the faceplate. So i would recommend getting another ISP other then Virgin Media.

Sorry but virgin have messed me about far too much.

0 Kudos