cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media insulator box

Jimmy21
Joining in

My virgin media hub is located upstairs with an insulator box on the wall, is it possible to move it myself or do I need to get an engineer?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any changes to Virgins coax should only be done by them.

1) DIY changes risk ingress of interference from other broadcast services.

2) Changes also can affect signal levels, which require access to the street cabinet to correct.

There is a standard charge of £25 for any work, as your rental charges only cover fault related callouts.

You can book this through the faults reporting on the phone, or if you are prepared to wait a member of staff will respond here in a while.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Only issue is they’re “Not available” until the 20th. I’m getting 5mbps rather than 500mbps so I need it moving asap. I will have to wait rather than risking it then

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jimmy21

Thanks for your post

Have the team now managed to book this in for you for the 20th? I'll be happy to look into getting this booked if it hasn't been done already 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

no reason that you cannot move it as long as you use the original cable and dont cut and shorten it - do it that way and all should be good

Tony.
Sacked VIP