Menu
Jkezz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media hub quick install but no media wall socket

• Hello, I have just moved into my new home and ordered virgin media quick install. My new address was a match for a virgin area but I don’t seem to have a virgin media wall socket in my new property. It is a BT open reach socket. 

please can someone advise. Do I need to book an engineer to for a virgin media wall socket?

Thanks Josh

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media hub quick install but no media wall socket

@Jkezz wrote:
  • Hello, I have just moved into my new home and ordered virgin media quick install. My new address was a match for a virgin area but I don’t seem to have a virgin media wall socket in my new property. It is a BT open reach socket. 

please can someone advise. Do I need to book an engineer to for a virgin media wall socket?

Thanks Josh

Do you have a VM/Telewest brown box on the front/side of your home?

0 Kudos
Jkezz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, yes I have a brown box outside, with a cable feeding into the house. However they are both male cables, see below 

2A0A73EA-BD7F-4AD9-9283-7B2D427CD416.jpeg

EC2CC3BB-1884-467F-A196-D112675AC701.jpeg

4A3D13FC-F363-402A-B09F-552A8DA312B6.jpeg

 do you think a double female adaptor would solve this? I would I need an engineer? Thanks Josh 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't see the images yet, however based on previous threads you can use something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Coupler-Connects-Coaxial-Connector/dp/B07ZV26S1L 

The cables that VM provide in the new kits include an 'isolator', normally built into the wall socket, so you should be ok:

0 Kudos