cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media engineer never turned up

dipesh010
Tuning in

Want to post how awful service Virgin media provide 

15/02/2022 - is when when my Internet go live date was. I was told that the engineer will visit between 8AM-1PM. Early morning at 9AM/11AM I've called the customer service 2 times asking if engineer already visited me? they said no. I called at 12:55 and they said its still within  the SLA so I have to wait till 1PM. I called at 1:30PM and they said ohh the engineer already visited you at 8AM but no one answered the door. Confused why this information was not provided early morning when I called? I have not received a call from the engineer (which by default they should call)

18/02/2022 - another visit rearranged. I've called early morning saying will the engineer visit me. The person said yes. I've called again at 11AM and they said due to bad weather the appointment is now called. I then was bounced around from one department to another asked same info (password, name, are you the account holder etc..). After some times I manage to get to the right department who said we have to reschedule this  on 02/03/2022. Instead of providing early slot to those whos appointments were affected by the weather they decided to put us on the back of the queue (good thinking!). I now have to wait a week and a half to get my internet (thats if its all work out). They did not even bother calling me saying we be cancelling your appointment today.

With this much waiting time I could easily go to VM competitors who can install the internet within a week. It seems like these onsite engineers are doing whatever they want and there is no one to ask them questions. The incident on the 15/02/2022  they should have asked the engineer why he/she did not called the customer? this is such a awful customer service and despite telling them to move the date early they said we cannot do anything about this.

Avoid VM at all cost! 

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dipesh010,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with getting your services installed

The engineer should have called you to say that they were on their way to see your but you or somebody over the age of 18, should be at your home, in the time slot that you have been given. Where you at home at this time? I also cannot say why you weren't told that information unless the engineer hadn't updated the notes on your account to show that nobody was in when they called.

Instead of providing early slot to those who's appointments were affected by the weather they decided to put us on the back of the queue (good thinking!). 

The team would have given you the earliest possible date for your appointment to go ahead, we wouldn't be able to move other people's install appointments to fit.

Have you or would you like to raise a complaint about your experience so far?

Regards

Steven_L

I was at home, however my doorbell doesn't work so a call from the engineer would have been a great (FYI - I am 18+). Does you engineer update the note at 1;00PM when the time ends? thats a odd system to have dont you think? the note should be made available soon as the engineer click submit - it looks like either the engineer posted the note late or 3 of the customer service agent didn't read the note.

Well my install appointment was 18/02/2022 and VM provided new new appointment on 02/03/2022 - thats not early. So according to you its okay for the customers who already had an appointment which got cancelled due to bad weather or if engineer missed it then those customers should join the back of the queue? 

I've already raise a complaint on 18/02/2022 - no call as of yet. It was funny how customer service team was blaming installation department and asked me to raise the complaint with that department. 

Hi @dipesh010, thanks for your reply although I can fully appreciate your frustrations.

We aren't suggesting that this situation is okay, but please be assured we're doing what we can to resolve this as quickly as possible for you - you will have been given the earliest available appointment. If there are any earlier slots that do become available though, you'll receive a text message confirmation of this.

In terms of your complaint, please be assured that if you've made this we'll be in touch with you directly as soon as we can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1

Your complaint department is really awful, this is what they said:

"We have limited access and do not have access to call or arrange a call, we recommend you to contact our customer support team for further assistance."

So your complaint department doesn't have phone access to call their customers? (makes me think do you even have a complaint department?) I wonder when making the complaint why was I asked: how would you like to get contacted? I specifically said via phone 

They keep referring me to call their customer service or pre installation team. I mean why would like make a complaint if I just want to speak to them. Seriously where is the logic? 

"I would request you to get in touch with our Pre Install team, who would be able to help you the same. "

This is not the same company I knew few years back. CS was in heart of VM, don't they care about customers anymore 

Hi @dipesh010,

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing complications with your installation. Have you been advised of a date/time when the install has now been scheduled to?

Regarding your complaint, when did you last receive an update on that, and what was the update?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

This is what the complaint department replied on Thu 24th Feb. It clearly says it’s been escalated but no one contacted since then. I chased them 2/3 days ago but not reply as of yet. Not to mention first few lines are worthless 

• We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
    We are writing to let you know that we have received your complaint regarding the recent problems you have been experiencing. We are sorry that you are not happy with the service you have received from us. You can be confident that we will do everything we can to ensure that it is put right. I understand that your concern is with regards to the installation of Virgin Media services.I have checked your account and could see that the work order is active and scheduled for 2/3/2022 between 8 AM-1 PM. As I see that you have been trying to get in touch with us for a while, we truly regret the inconvenience caused to you from our end. I could see that you have spoken to our executive on 22/02/22 and been updated about the scheduled appointment being cancelled due to constructional challenges due to bad weather. I would like to inform you that your concern has been escalated and being dealt with utmost priority. Therefore, I would request you to get in touch with our Pre Install team, who would be able to help you the same. 

Hi Dipesh, thank you for getting back to us with this additional information. 

Sincerest apologies for your experience so far. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so I can look into this for you and discuss the complaint further - hopefully we can get this resolved for you. 

You will be able to find the PM in your Inbox in the top right corner of the page. 

We can return to the public thread as soon as possible with an update. 

All the best. 

Molly

If I'm not in when an engineer calls I get fined £25... I've been waiting for an engineer all morning, if he doesn't turn up surely I can fine virgin £25 as well...

Hey Philnock1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your concern if a tech was going to show up or not. 

However looking on our side it is showing the tech did turn up, how did the visit go?

I can see you also posted within the time slot the tech was due in, this means they can turn up anytime between these hours.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?