Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media broadband

Hello, 

I just want to start out by letting the readers of this know I don’t normally complain about anything, I am a very easy going chilled out person but this has **bleep** me off.

I am a new virgin media customer and made a deal in late November/early December for their 100mb internet broadband package. They phoned me multiple times a day to make a deal with them after just one look at there website and a filled out form online to look at there deals,  8 calls later, when I had a free moment to discuss this with them I was hooked. I asked for an engineer to do the install due to the recent purchase of a flat that had an old virgin media network in which I believe isn’t working due to the damage on an outside brown broadband unit. Which I told to the customer adviser over the phone. He told me not to worry and he would have somebody install this for me on the 17th. 

Today I have received a self install pack which I didn’t ask for and also has a missing isolator lead, no virgin media installer insight and so, I am now writing and posting this using my 4G on my mobile phone which is with a company that rhymes with ‘bye’ another money grabbing bunch of **bleep**s which have a fantastic customer service so I put up with their **bleep**,

I have tried contacting your customer service which is very long and boring and I would happily commit suicide to the poor quality and distasteful music that is played. I have phoned them atleast 10 times and was left on hold for well over 1 hour at most before giving up and then every over time, the call has disconnected, I hope this is due to your ridiculous wait times and not my ‘bye-mobile’ bill or that will be another problem for me to add to the list.

I’ll round this up for you now, all I want is somebody to come and install the broadband as asked for before and an apology for wasting hours of my time! Richard I am more than happy for you to let me have a week long stay on your island and travel there by your private jet. 

Many Thanks,

Fraser

P.S I am sure you will be able to get in touch as my email address is in the account details, please to who ever can organise someone to fix this predicament, please contact me back.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media broadband

A few comments...

Sir Richard Branston has had nothing to do with VM for many years - that part of the company is now owned by "Liberty Global" - a US based worldwide tech company - search to find their contact details.

There is no excuse for the VM cack-handed handling of your issue - which is proving all too common recently.  VM dont do eMail.  So all you can do is try and sort it on the phone. You could try their Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 - note that calling at 08.00 is the best time to call any VM number for best chance of getting through with no wait times.

Or you could also text the issue details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

Finally a VM person should respond on here when they pick it up but that can take a week or more at the moment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos