Menu
Petechappas
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media box

Morning,new customer here,I’ve just taken delivery of my broadband package,before ordering and switching from BT, Virgin checked my address and have seen that there has been a Virgin installation in the past from a previous owner, underneath the box is no silver connector,I told Virgin in two separate occasions that information and they said it’s fine,I can’t connect my hub to anything? Am I missing something? Apart from the connector of course,they assured me I could self set up, so I need a technician to come out?

0 Kudos
jamesrfisher
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin media box

You will need an engineer.

I had this issue on a house move. Took my old equipment with me. Virgin confirmed I could do a self-install as had recent virgin accoutn at my new place. the ysent cables however when i arrived in the flat the white wall box had no connectors coming out. i contacted them and arranged for an engineer, the engineer said this is somethign engineers had bee nflagfging up as aproximately 3 years ago Virgin disconnected unused boxes but it seems that this has not tallied with their computer system.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Petechappas,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I do apologise that you've had difficulty setting up your services and arranging the correct installation method.

It looks like you've already been in touch to discuss this with another team. Are you happy with what's been arranged moving forwards? If not, drop me a private message by hovering over my username and I'll take another look.

Thanks,

Rachael

Petechappas
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’m happy with the outcome,very swift response I must say,thank you 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, that's great to hear 🙂 I'm glad you're pleased with the result, do let us know how this goes and we'll be happy to help if there's anything further you need.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
SerenaJoy
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

How did you manage to get in contact with them to get the quick reply? Any tips and suggestions gratefully received...

0 Kudos