Menu
JoelFathers
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media WiFi Booster

We recently moved house to a new build, we qualified for the 500 mbps internet, everything was plugged in but we were getting a max of 250 mbps. We received a boosted from virgin media for the top of the house, I followed the steps and placed it at the top of the house. The booster works when it wants to but cuts out/ pushes very slow speeds randomly. I need help getting a strong and constant signal. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media WiFi Booster

Thanks for the post JoelFathers.

Can we please confirm if you've already been through our booster help page here?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you cant sort the boosters out to solve your wifi issue, then it's worth considering getting your own better quality wireless equipment to sort it once and for all.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JoelFathers
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, nothing seems to work. We’re getting a technician to come out and have a look because our speeds are well below what they should be. 

0 Kudos
JoelFathers
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, should have said before. I had a TP-Link booster before and that stopped working very abruptly.

0 Kudos