Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Connect App & Hub 4

Hi

I have just installed a HUB 4 and it will not connect to my Virgin Media Connect App.

The App does not support the HUB 4 yet?? (Why send it out when the App won't work with it?)

Does anyone know when the Virgin Media Connect App will be compatible with the Hub 4?

Luddite 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media Connect App & Hub 4

They wont ever disclose anything like that.

Is there something you need to do on the App that you cant do by other means?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nothing I can do on the App, had a reply from the Live Chat saying that the Virgin Media Connect App does not work with the Hub 4 yet but they are working on it....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So fine... uninstall the App and forget it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Having exactly the same issue here too. I have even signed out of the account on the app and signed back in but it makes no difference. Looks like the app needs to be updated. It's unfortunate to say the least as I wanted to test out the hub 4 for wifi blackspots which Virgin media say you should do as the app can request wifi extenders directly with no need to contact VM customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can get a phone wifi scanning App to test the strength of your signals (and interfering ones) at any location. Alternatively, you can see whether your wifi devices connect and stay connected, to the wifi at those locations - if they dont - it's a blackspot!

As you have a Hub4 you are entitled to free boosters so they are worth giving a go (if you had tp pay £3/month - then they arent!). As you have discovered they cant be ordered by the App - so log into your VM Web account and you should be able to order them there. Or just call in and request them. Call at 08.00 is the best time to get straight through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I cannot see any thing in my account to request a wifi booster. The website simply refers you to use the connect app which obviously does not work with the hub 4.  

Guess it's a call to customer services then.

0 Kudos