cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin is cheap for a reason - complain

Naysan89
Joining in

I order my M250 on the 8th because I was moving in my new house on the 15th. Did it this way so I could receive the installing kit before moving in, and I though it was enough time to have it by the time I would move in. But I was wrong, the parcel estimation of arrival was on the 15th even though I was assured by virgin workers that I would be with me before - 1st lie. It would’ve still be fine because that was date I was moving in, except for the fact that they courier that they work with is Yodel. Why?

I was standing in my front door waiting to receive the parcel and all of a sudden I receive a notification from yodel saying they couldn’t deliver. Why? Because they didn’t attempt. This is apparently a recurring event, since other people have complained about the same things happening to them. So I waited, had to change the address for delivery, and after my parcel went back to the depot, it was a dead end. Why? They don’t know where it is because I receive no more updates from the for 4 days. So I tried to call yodel try to ask virgin to send another kit… no can do. Tide won’t admit they they’ve lost it. virgin won’t send me another kit without yodel tell them what happen. So now?? I have no idea, Virgin had no physical store for this and I am stuck in a limbo. 

I have called multiple time to virgin they lie and are not helpful at all. They say it will arrive they’ll say that they’re doing everything they can but truly they can’t help you because of this system that is immensely bureaucratic. 

I am still waiting for my kit, and I have no real prediction of when is going to arrive.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Naysan89 

It's unclear if you are a completely new customer to VM, or an existing customer moving home, however you could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain the carry on with the hub delivery and ask if they can organise a tech install for you (that way the tech will bring the hub)

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

sayekm
Fibre optic

Yodel is a budget courier service unlike courier like DPD and UPS. I can understand where Virgin is coming from as they wont send a replacement until Yodel accept they have lost it.

But as already mentioned should request a installation via and engineer and they will do a better job by customise the cable length and if needed move the wall box to a new location(If asked nicely)

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

Hi @sayekm 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you having issues with your installation package. We can understand the frustration caused by this ongoing delivery issue. I can however see you have recently been in contact with a member of our team about this. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs