Menu
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Virgin hub 3 not recognised by my pc

I've received a hub3 today. Connected it up to my PC via ethernet but the PC just won't recognise it. When I go into network settings I get "not connected - you aren't connected to any networks". This has never happened to me before. I am on a new virgin contract after my partners virgin contract expired in December. We had the superhub2 and that worked fine, never had any issues connecting it to the PC via ethenet. Why won't this hub3 display on my PC? I've tried dozens of guides, reseting network settings via ipconfig and none of it works! Been trying since 1pm and it's now half 9! It shouldn't be this difficult to install the Internet and I can only conclude it's this shoddy hub3. Had anybody else had this issue and how did you resolve it? The white light is on, stable (not flashing). No other lights are on.

I was on hold to virgin earlier today for over two hours at which point they decided to just disconnect the call. Live chat was also ignored despite it stating they'd respond within 4 hours. Absolutely disgraceful company. If they are reading this, then I expect assistance rather than just sending a piece of garbage in the post with a "quick guide" that isn't even helpful. Failing that I'll just pursue them for compensation, and win, via CEDR like I did last time. Frauds. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin hub 3 not recognised by my pc

@dodointernet wrote:

I've received a hub3 today. Connected it up to my PC via ethernet but the PC just won't recognise it. When I go into network settings I get "not connected - you aren't connected to any networks". This has never happened to me before. I am on a new virgin contract after my partners virgin contract expired in December. We had the superhub2 and that worked fine, never had any issues connecting it to the PC via ethenet. Why won't this hub3 display on my PC? I've tried dozens of guides, reseting network settings via ipconfig and none of it works! Been trying since 1pm and it's now half 9! It shouldn't be this difficult to install the Internet and I can only conclude it's this shoddy hub3. Had anybody else had this issue and how did you resolve it? The white light is on, stable (not flashing). No other lights are on.

I was on hold to virgin earlier today for over two hours at which point they decided to just disconnect the call. Live chat was also ignored despite it stating they'd respond within 4 hours. Absolutely disgraceful company. If they are reading this, then I expect assistance rather than just sending a piece of garbage in the post with a "quick guide" that isn't even helpful. Failing that I'll just pursue them for compensation, and win, via CEDR like I did last time. Frauds. 

Is there a flashing LED on the ethernet port the cable is attached to?

0 Kudos
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No lights on any of the ethernet ports 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@dodointernet wrote:

No lights on any of the ethernet ports 

EDIT: Just seen your comment regarding LEDs.

If you can see the HUB's wireless SSID then the ethernet ports may be faulty (Seen it reported previously).

0 Kudos
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Probably. Connected ps4 and Xbox via ethernet too and they're not connecting either. Tried 3 different ethernet cables and all 4 ports. Connecting devices via WiFi, such as laptop and Android phones works fine. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@dodointernet wrote:

Probably. Connected ps4 and Xbox via ethernet too and they're not connecting either. Tried 3 different ethernet cables and all 4 ports. Connecting devices via WiFi, such as laptop and Android phones works fine. 

You can try a full reset (Pin hole press for at least 60 seconds), however it does appear to be faulty.

0 Kudos
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Didn't work. Are the ethernet ports supports to light up when there's a connection? I can't even see any LEDs on the hub3 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@dodointernet wrote:

Didn't work. Are the ethernet ports supports to light up when there's a connection? I can't even see any LEDs on the hub3 

Yes!

carl_pearce_2-1610228136100.png

0 Kudos
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Cheers. Yeah they're not lighting up

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@dodointernet wrote:

Cheers. Yeah they're not lighting up

Give VM a ring tomorrow when the lines open (9am on a Sunday I believe).

0 Kudos