cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin have drilled and attached a box to my property without consent

JoMorris1
Joining in

Upon returning home from work I've discovered virgin media have drilled into my house and attached a brown box to the outside of my home, that has a green wire coming out of it

I am not and never have been a virgin media customer, they have done this without my permission.

I contacted customer services who advised me to remove the box myself which I will not be doing as not only will I potentially be exposing live wires, my property is now damaged.

Does anyone know where I stand with this legally as in my view someone has trespassed onto my property and vandalised my home.

Any advice is greatly received 

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You must have wished it was a WFH day instead. VM are a funny old company. There are posts on here from actual customers waiting over a year for their installations and you have yours done without even asking for it.

The VM forum team will get to you soon and no doubt alert the area manager. I wouldn't hold your breath for a rapid uninstall though. Let us know how you get on. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JoMorris1

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear work has been completed at your property without your knowledge, this is not something we would expect to happen. 

I will need to run some checks on our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm some details. This will be sent to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Natalie

I know said you'd raises a complaint for me but I am yet to hear from virgin. I have tried and spoke to multiple people at virgin media but am not getting anywhere.  Please could you advise further

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo,

I've popped the team over an email to advise you're still waiting on a response 🙂

Alex_Rm